Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Late Nights

The last few weeks have been busy ones but to be honest it's enjoyable.  I've had more late nights then my wife would like but I'm blessed to have a wife that cuts me a good bit of slack.

Some of those nights I've had helpers...in the form of my 2 & 3.5 yr old boys. The oldest goes about doing his thing.  Things like clamping anything he can find in a vise, putting on the dust mask, etc. The youngest one is the one I have to keep an eye on. I get a million questions, "what doing?", "what's dat sound?", " can I help?", "can I hold it?" and it goes on and on. Now before someone thinks I'm working on razors with 2 rug-rats running around my feet, rest assured I'm not. When they are out with me, I'm either working on scales or braking razors down to be worked on. Having them around affirms one of the things that I really enjoy about straight razors. The idea that the razors I'm working on, at some point will hopefully be handed down to son, grandson or great-grandson. There are not many things that can be handed down for generations to come and still be used for it's intended purpose...but a straight razor is one of those things that with care, can last not only your lifetime but your children too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment