Saturday, July 16, 2011

A couple of Koa Wood Shaving Brushes

I was lucky enough a to have some Koa wood delivered to me. So while deciding what to do with what pieces, I decided it would be nice to have a couple shaving brush handles turned with the wood. I'm very pleased with how they both turned out.
I have 2 sons, both still young and still more than a few years until they start shaving...lol.
The two brushes will be handed down to my sons when the time comes. While I could always buy them a nice Simpson or Rooney, etc... There is just something special about having something that was made with them in mind.
 Now I just have to make a couple custom razors for them. Luckily I have a little time before they will be using them.

If your interested in contacting the person that did the work for me, just email and I'll get you the info.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the boys will one day appreciate the craftsmanship of Gerritt's brushes and your razors. Thank you Gerritt...our family REALLY LOVES the brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I'm sorry I never saw the comment before. Brian's razors are a welcome addition to my family as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in who did your work. Could you put me in touch with them, please?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete